Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Express Yourself Meme - Author Quotes



It's time for Express Yourself weekly meme. 

For the topic this week, Dani @Entertaining Interests and I would like to know: 


What are some of your favorite author quotes?






There are tons of quotes from authors that I could share, and it was hard to decide on which ones to list, but I finally chose these.

I have spread my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. ~ W.B Yeats

It begins with a character, usually, and once he stands up on his feet and begins to move, all I can do is trot along behind him with a paper and pencil trying to keep up long enough to put down what he says and does. ~ William Faulkner

Writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can see only as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way. ~E.L. Doctorow

The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can. ~ Neil Gaiman

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. ~ Neil Gaiman
I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose. ~ Stephen King

Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win. ~Stephen King

I think that we're all mentally ill. Those of us outside the asylums only hide it a little better - and maybe not all that much better after all. ~ Stephen King

Do you have any author quotes that you love? Sign up below and hop around to see what other bloggers have to say. 

7 comments:

  1. Yay, another dream quote. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody is surely me, great quotes from thee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these quotes, particularly Stephen King's about creating sympathy then letting the monsters loose - this is what I like to do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all excellent, remarkable, quotes. I like several of Teddy Roosevelt's sayings. One example is: "Believe in yourself and you're half way there." I think it's good to have a quiet confidence, without being conceited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge fan of quotes. These are great ones to add to the list! One of my favorites is "Never give up on something you can't go a day without." A good reminder for writing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. So do photos of Adam Levine... <3